So here're the recipe I used... The cake is light and moist, very soft.. a good white cake recipe adapted from Wisk Kid. After Shaleen attempted it, I was confident this is the recipe to try! :)
Adapted from Whisk Kid
3 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
5 egg whites (i used 6 grade C eggs)
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 cup milk
1. Sieve together all the dry ingredients and set aside.
2. Cream the butter and sugar until white and fluffy. Add egg whites gradually, continue mixing at low speed.
3. Add in vanilla essence.
4. Mix in the flour mixture and the milk alternately (F-M-F-M-F). Divide the batter into 7 bowls, tint according to your preference. (My colors: Violet, Blue, Green, Yello, Orange, Pink, Red)
5. Bake each layer in 8 inch pan, about 8 minutes (my oven's temp: 160C)
6. Remove from the oven, let it cool completely.
7. Cover with your preferred frosting.
This time I frost the cake using my usual buttercream icing I used for my cupcakes. Since there are 7 layers altogether, the cake is a bit too sweet for my liking. The cake itself is perfect, but with the amount of frosting, of course it's sweet! Kids would love this, but next time around I'll use white chocolate ganache instead so everyone will eat it guilt-free. haha
The cake is quite tall... and heavy! Definately a great party cake, anytime.. love it!
We celebrated at my MIL's place in Rembau, the night before Aidiladha.. Faaeq shared his birthday cake with my Mak Teh, her birthday was on 3rd Nov.. Faaeq's on 4th.
Alhamdulillah.. Thank you for all yr prayers and well wishes. Thanks Illa for the birthday gift.. she came to pick up her cupcakes at my home and brought along a gift or faaeq.. dah habis pun faaeq conteng! hehe...Thanks Hafiz too, who was my 100,000th visitor.. he claimed his Strawberry cupcks and also bought some goodies for faaeq.. never can thank enough all of u who read my ramblings, thanks for all your comments and emails.. Love u all!