Hye all.. today i'll share the recipe for cheese brownies i found on Aunty Yochana's blog.. tried and tested in my oven :-) somehow the brownie part didnt turned out to be brownie-like.. more like cakey-feel.. (macam cake lah sikit). might be due to my professional measurement of ingredients :D i've tried quite a number of recipes i got online, but i'll post only the ones i love here.. for my own reference and also for you to try :-) sebab sedap kan.. kenalah share.. i dont take orders of cakes or others except cupcakes.. so resepi cupcakes to tak boleh la.. hehehehe.. top secret tu.. :-P utk yg datang belajar je tau semua secrets nya.. ;)
180 gm. butter - melted** (i always use Buttercup)
275 gm. brown sugar ( i used 1 cup of light brown sugar)
1 tsp. vanilla essence
120 gm. self-raising flour ( i used 1 cup)
70 gm. cocoa powder (i used 1/2 cup)
250 gm. cream cheese (1 pack- i used philadelphea)
45 gm. butter**
80 gm. icing sugar (i used 1/2 cup)
Some chocolate chips to sprinkle on top
**from the 250g bar i bought, i cut about 200g for the brownie and used the balance of about 50g for cheese topping
(1) Mix melted butter with brown sugar until well combined (on small fire, then cool off).
(2) Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla essence.
(3) Gently fold in flour and cocoa powder and stir till smooth.
(4) For cheese filling: beat cream cheese, butter and icing sugar until well combined. Add in egg, beating well.
(5) Pour half of brownie batter into loaf pan, then pour in cheese filling. Then pour the balance brownie batter on top of cheese filling. Sprinkle top with chocolate chips.
(6) Bake in preheated oven 170C for 40 min.s or until cooked.
I dont have a decent photo of the outcome.. tinggal yg ni je yg sempat ambik.. half of the topping was choc chips and half of it was strawberry syrup. i poured some hershey's strawberry syrup on the cheese topping and bake. they taste really good.. i wish the bottom part to be a bit sticky like 'real' brownies, but all in all, i'll make more of these for sure! :D